Webinar 1 – Geographical Skills - Ordnance Survey 1
Post Primary Geography Teachers / Leaving Cert Cycle Geography Teachers
This course is designed to help teachers teach Leaving Cert geography Ordnance survey from the basics. It will go through all aspects of Ordnance Survey and will explain how to make maximum use maps.scoilnet.ie in the classroom. It will also touch on ArcGIS mapping in the classroom.
This course could also be of interest to children who cannot currently attend school.
It would be an excellent resource for teachers to upload to google classroom so as to allow their students revise the topic. Powerpoint presentations will be used in webinar 2 to help identify the physical landscape in maps.
· Measuring scale
· Reading & recording four & six figure grid references
· How to tell direction on a map
· How to read and construct cross sections (higher level only)
· How to sketch maps
· How to calculate area on a map
· Understanding settlement patterns on a map
Webinar 2 – Geographical Skills - Ordnance Survey 2
· Understanding the physical landscape on Ordnance Survey maps :
® River features
® Coastal Features
® Glacial Features
® Karst features
· Urban functions on an OS map
|Course Start Date / Time||22-09-2020 7:00 pm|