GDPR Workshop for Primary Principals
In conjunction with IPPN we are hosting a workshop on GDPR for Primary School principals only.
This workshop, hosted by Mairéad O'Flynn, will be a practical session and will look at the following:
What does the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) mean for your school?
· Rules of Data Protection.
· Know the legal basis for gathering and storing personal data.
· Audit the personal data you hold;
· When do you need to get consent to obtain personal data in a school setting?
· Implement “Privacy by Design”.
· Process and store personal data safely;
· Dealing with data access requests;
· What to do if you if the event of a data breach.
· Achieve school compliance by being able to demonstrate that your school is following the procedures.
Mairéad O'Flynn is former principal of Scoil Mhuire NS, Ballymore Eustace, Naas, Co Kildare where she was principal for 24 years. She is a practising barrister in the area of civil law and her areas of interest are Data Protection, family and education law. Mairead obtained the Advanced Diploma in Data Protection at the King's Inns, Dublin. She participates in the CSL Mentoring programme.
If you are a primary principal and would like to book a place then visit the booking page.