Nurture Group Theory and Practice Course
Brief overview of the course
• The practicalities of setting up and running a nurture group – early years, primary and secondary
• Up-to-date research in attachment theory and neuroscience
• Child development and learning
• Developing an in-depth understanding of the Boxall Profile and using it to refer children and young
people, set targets and put in place practical strategies to support the child/young person to participate
meaningfully at school
• Developing the curriculum
• Developing a whole-school nurturing approach
• Monitoring and evaluation through a structured, evidence-based, planned approach
This course is suitable for those who wish to set up and run a nurture group. It is also suitable for practitioners who want to adopt a more nurturing approach while working with children who are challenged in any of the following areas: social, emotional and/or behavioural difficulties, low self-confidence, low self-esteem, low resilience, self-regulation and/or self-expression difficulties.
Participant resource pack will include:
• Course materials
• A copy of the Boxall Profile/Boxall Profile for Young People Handbook
• A copy of Beyond the Boxall Profile: Strategies and Resources/Beyond the Boxall Profile for
Young People: Strategies and Resources
All participants will have the opportunity to submit an assignment for certification as a Certified Nurture Group Practitioner.
Cost: €150 per participant to cover the cost of the resource pack, and also correction of the optional assignment should you wish to submit it for certification.
To book a place click here