GAELIC GAMES: ENHANCING THE DELIVERY OF PE AND INTEGRATION WITH OTHER SUBJECTS (Blended Learning Course)
- To highlight the opportunities and to show the benefits of a cross curricular approach to teaching by using the theme of Gaelic games through the GAA Céim ar Aghaidh/Step Ahead resource including the Céim ar Aghaidh interactive DVD Rom to allow teachers to implement ICT within their teaching methodology .
- To highlight the importance of promoting a healthy lifestyle to children.
- To promote enjoyment of, and positive attitudes towards, physical activity and its contribution to lifelong health-related fitness, thus preparing the child for the active and purposeful use of leisure time.
- To enable teachers to develop an understanding within pupils of fair play and team spirit through participation and competition.
- To enable teachers to adopt safe practices in all physical activities.
- To highlight the opportunity of integrating Games into the Gaeilge lesson through the use of skill cards “as gaeilge”.
- To improve the confidence and competence of teachers in PE pedagogy.
- Identification, exploration and demonstration of the approaches and methodologies contained in the curriculum relating to these strands.
- Teachers will have an increased commitment to the approaches used therein.
- To highlight the opportunity to integrate PE through the curriculum with emphasis on the Numeracy & Literacy programmes by using the GAA Céim ar Aghaidh/Step Ahead Programme.
- To appreciate the importance of differentiation to cater for children with special educational needs.
- To identify methods of assessment appropriate to Physical Education.
- Discussion and implementation of assessment.
- Teachers will be prepared to include assessment as part of their programme.
This course qualifies for the Department of Education & Skills EPV Days.
- Use the U Can Skill Awards to allow children discover skills while practicing on their own.
To book a place click here